D'Utama Toastmasters

Message from the Area Governor: Johnson Yike, ACS ALB
{Addressed to D'Utama Toastmasters Club}

Greetings D'Utama, I'm 'FIL'.

During our Club's (D'Utama) Installation Nite last Saturday (28 June 2008), our esteemed President Calvin Lim ACB has liken D'Utama as THE Bride, he is the Groom and the members are his Children. What's missing in this lovely family picture? Well I'm FIL … the "Father-In-Law", and for those of you who are married, what is the one thing any Father-In-Law wants for his children? Nothing more than the very best! And I believe your President and the new Executive Committees is that! The VERY BEST!

I would encourage you to support your new Exco as they will undoubtedly work very hard to support you. And while I may be the B4 Area Governor, I am first and for most a proud member of D'Utama Toastmasters Club!!! and all of you will have my support.

D'Utama is THE great club, what makes a club great?
"Is it because of the awards that the club achieved year after year?"
No, those are by-products of what makes the club great

"Is it because of the fantastic refreshments we are going to partake in a few minutes time?"
Maybe, and we have our SAA to thank for.

What makes this Club, D'Utama so great, it's because of you, you, you … All of you Members and Guests alike are what makes this club great. Over the last 3 years I've made so many friends within and outside the club. We share our experiences, common goals, and parts of our lives together. There is a bond between myself and quite a number of you. Wouldn't you agree?

As the term (2008/09) begins, this is my Promise to you,
I'll help those 'yet to be strong', AND those are 'Strong' to be Stronger.

So set your Goals and Targets high, and keep the fire burning. As your President shared his theme "Taking Chances to Share", I would too encourage you to take EVERY chance to share.

I'm looking forward to a fantastic new term … and I encourage you to do the same !!!

THANK YOU.


Best Regards,
Johnson Yike, ACS ALB
Area B4 Governor
D'Utama Toastmasters Club
Club Website: http://www.dutm.org

No comments: