Vistana TM: Unforgettable

Unforgettable

11 July 2008, a date which is unforgettable for most of Vistana Toastmasters club members especially me. On this day we embark our new term for Toastmasters journey as we are having the first Toastmasters meeting for the term. It was a scintillating start for us as we continue our aspiration to become the leading Toastmasters club in Kuantan and East Coast. Our club President Sarimah's opening speech share with us her an inspirational notion about not to procrastinate things that can be done today.

The opening speech truly an invocation speech for all of the twelve members and guest that night. The speech also reminds me to complete this newsletter as soon as possible. This is the first Vistana Toastmasters newsletter to be put in our blogspot which is www.divisionb.blogspot.com. What a pressure for me! Anyhow it is really was an honour for me and I must thanks our Area B4 Governor ACS, ALB Johnson Yike for that. He is the one who come out this brilliant idea to put our newsletter in the blogspot.

Table Topic session by Toastmasters Poh Lin is an unforgettable session for me as I share a deeply personal "secret" in that session. What deeply personal "secret"? You may ask! I guest you have to be there on that night to know my "secret". Hahaha! It was a fruitful session for all the Table Topic speakers especially we have a guest Miss Karti from BASF Petronas sharing her first Table Topic experience. It good to know that the level of English has substantial improve as it was point out by Table Topic Evaluator Kula and Grammarian Poh Lin.

It really an excellent start from the term as we have 3 assignment speakers pursuing their Competent Communicator award on that night. This means we are one step closer to achieve 4 CC for this tem and at the same time achieve 2 DCP point. We have Sabrina with her Project 5 entitle "Unforgettable moment", Kula's Project 7 entitle "Threat to planet Earth" and our president Sarimah's Project 6 entitle "Anecdotes is my life". Wow! What can I say? Kudos to all the three assignment speakers for a job well done. I truly enjoy all the speech especially Sabrina's Project 5 as I was her assignment evaluator that night. For me it was Sabrina best speech so far as she demonstrates her speech with articulate body movement, facial expressions and eye contact to enhance her speech.

To sum up I must say it was an unforgettable Toastmasters evening for me as it was my first TME role for a long time. The meeting starts at 8.02pm and end on 10.15pm respectively which was a good sign but still got room for improvement. It the mid of excitement I forgot to ask the members and guests to vote the best assignment speaker and best evaluator. A truly "unforgettable" night for me. Many thanks to all the role players and speakers that make the meeting a success. Special thanks to Area B4 Governor as his role as General evaluator and his constructive feedback. Hope to have another outstanding meeting on 25 July 2008.

Courage to Make a Difference

Your TME
Vince Lim
11-07-2008

No comments: