Advanced Communicator Series

As Toastmasters progressing with our speeches beginning with our 'Competent Communicator' speeches and progressively to our Advanced Communicator speeches, it is important to know what we are getting ourselves into when selecting our advanced manuals.

Hence this post is to provide a list of links to provide useful information (i.e. Overview, Executive Summary, Objectives, and Notes to Evaluators) about the Advanced Communicator (AC) series manuals;

  1. The Entertaining Speaker
  2. Speaking To Inform
  3. Public Relations
  4. Specialty Speeches
  5. Speeches by Management
  6. The Professional Speaker
  7. Technical Presentation
  8. Persuasive Speaking
  9. Communicating on Video
  10. Storytelling
  11. Interpretive Reading
  12. Interpersonal Communication
  13. Special Occasion Speeches
  14. Humorously Speaking



Personally when I attempt the advanced manuals, I will select one manual which I feel to be easy to complete, and another manual which I personally feel will be a challenge to me. I will attempt these two manuals concurrently.

The benefits of this approach are;
  • In the event I get discourage with the 'challenging manual', I can pick myself up by doing a project from the 'easy manual'.
  • It ensures that I continue my speeches and it brings flavor in attempting two different manuals. (e.g. one can be a serious manual like 'Speeches by Management' and the other is lighthearted like 'Storytelling'). Personally, 'Speeches by Management' is the 'easy manual' for me while 'Storytelling' is the challenging one *wink*.
It was definitely an enjoyable journey attempting the manuals I've done thus far, and I'm still continuing my journey by attempting the other manuals (and repeating some that I've 'bomb-ed' before *hehehee*).

Always have fun, and continue the lifelong journey of continuous improvement with Toastmasters.


Yours truly,
Johnson Yike
www.dutm.org

No comments: